Saturday 19 May 2012

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Book #3 by J.K Rowling


  • Summary: Harry Potter, along with his best friends, Ron and Hermione, is about to start his third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.  Harry can’t wait to get back to school after the summer holidays (who wouldn’t if they lived with the horrible Dursleys?).  But when Harry arrives at Hogwarts, the atmosphere is tense.  There’s an escaped mass murderer on the loose, and the sinister prison guards of Azkaban have been called in to guard the school… 
  • Rating:         
  • Pages: 317
  • Publication Date: 8 July 1999
If you haven't seen my review for Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone, Click here. If you haven't read my review for Harry Potter and The Prisoner Of Azkaban, Click here

  • My Review: This book is a phenomenal. To be honest with you, I don't quite remember my first thoughts on this, as I FIRST read it three or four years ago. All I remember is, that I immediately fell in love Hagrid's Hippogriff, Buckbeak (As seen on the cover). It's gentleness with Harry, and the fact that it "broke" Malfoy's arm ;) . You learn so much more in this book! What happened with the "rat" named "Scabbers" (you have to read it to find out why they are in quotations) was a shock that I never expected! New characters are introduced, such as Professor Lupin, the Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher. I loved the Boggart idea that J.K Rowling came up with, who would have thought, a creature, that you do not know it's true form, because when it comes out of a dark place, such as a wardrobe or desk drawer, it turns into the thing you fear the most. I didn't like that Harry was so restricted from doing anything because the escaped "criminal" Sirius Black was on the loose after him. I enjoyed the idea of the dementors, it was very creative, and in the movie they really 'spookied' up the setting!  Hermione's character seemed to evolve, because she was much less up-tight and *spoiler alert* she punches Malfoy! I never would have guessed, Hermione Granger, punches someone!? Harry and Hermione become closer when they use the time-turner together when Ron is not able to come. Hmm... Do you think Hermione and Harry could ever get together in the future? Well, if you really wanted to know, you have to read the rest of the series. When I read this book, I absolutely hated the Potions teacher, Professor Snape. As I continued through the series, my hatred for him definitely decreased, and I respected him.. J.K Rowling seems to be really good at MIXING MY EMOTIONS.
My favourite part would be when Harry sneaks into Honeydukes, the sweet shop in Hogsmeade. His excitement and amazement at all the different, and strange,  sweets rubbed off on me. I was excited to read about the variety of candies such as Every Flavour Beans, shimmering pink squares of coconut ice, levitating sherbet balls, fragile sugar-spun quills, and Cockroach Clusters.

To me, the Harry Potter series IS my childhood. For me, it is probably just how anybody would describe their childhood, classic, timeless fairytale.

Overall, this book was so wacky and entertaining that if you read the first and second, you HAVE to read this one!




This is the movie trailer for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Yet again, I couldn't find a book trailer, grrrrrr....

- The Elite Book Queen x



No comments:

Post a Comment