Friday 18 May 2012

Harry Potter and The Chamber Of Secrets Book #2 by J.K Rowling


  • Summary:  Harry Potter is a wizard.  He is in his second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The three friends, Harry, Ron and Hermione, are soon immersed in the daily round of Potions, Herbology, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts and Quidditch.  Then mysterious and scary things start happening.  First Harry hears strange voices, and then Ron’s sister, Ginny, disappears…
  • Rating:      
  • Pages: 251
  • Publication Date: 2 July 1998
If you haven't seen my review for the Philosopher's Stone you have to read it. Click here to view it.
  • My Review: Usually sequels are not as good as the first, but could I be more wrong! This book was even better than the Philosopher's Stone! More action, suspense, mischief ( Yes, Harry and Ron are both pretty badass to be honest, but that's why Hermione is there, to keep them in line)! I couldn't wait to re-enter Hogwarts and attend Potions, Charms, Divination, Transfiguration, even the boring History of Magic! As Harry drives a flying car ( Holy crap! A flying car!), all the students mysteriously turn to stone, and Harry meets again with a younger Voldemort, things take a twist for the better. I can't get over how astonishing this book was! As I was reading this in my living room, I had to move to the upstairs where it was quiet so I could think properly, all these magical thoughts running through my head. At first, it's hard to wrap your head around but, once you get the concept (this goes for every one of her books) you are amazed by its complexity and true imagination put into this. J.K Rowling is the most intelligent person I know of, and I have no idea how she came up with all these hidden secrets within the books that reveal themselves later in the series or the creative pattern of all her stories!
I would have to say my favourite part was just before Harry defeats the Basilisk. When he finds out what has been creating all these attacks and the murmurs in the walls (which if I thought I heard voices, I would think I was mental!), when realization dawns on you and everything falls into place. 


Overall, I enjoyed this book so much! Be sure to check out my review on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban!



I couldn't find any book trailer!! Not one bloody book trailer. Not even a crappy one (which I wouldn't post anyways).. So anyways, here is the movie trailer for you! 
- The Elite Book Queen x

No comments:

Post a Comment